Walthers Cornerstone HO Scale: Through Plate-Girder Bridge 'Single or Double-Track' - Kit
This Walthers Cornerstone Through Plate-Girder Bridge kit is based on one of the most common North American railroad bridge designs. It's part of the Cornerstone Engineered Bridge System and is designed to be compatible with system abutments and bridge piers. Plate-girder bridges are typically used to cross short distances between 30 and 90' 9.1 to 30.4m. Used for many decades, this design is constructed of several steel sections riveted together to form girders. They're known as through types as the track passes between, rather than on top of the spans. It's ideal for use with the Walthers Code 83 Bridge Track 948-886 or other trackage of your choice. The kit can be built either as a single- or a double-track bridge. Each includes parts for two complete spans, but the design makes it easy to combine additional kits (sold separately) to build a longer or wider bridge if needed. The plastic parts are molded in color and feature authentic rivets and other fine details.
- Part of the Cornerstone HO Scale Engineered Bridge System.
- One of the most common North American railroad bridge designs
- Fits steam, diesel and modern eras
- Used to cross short distances of about 30 to 100' (9.1 to 30.4m)
- Includes parts to build as a single or double-track bridge
- Easily added to new or existing scenery
- Authentic rivets and other details
- Molded in dark gray plastic