Walthers Cornerstone N Scale: New River Mining Company - Kit
The prototypes for coal mine tipples like the N Scale Walthers Cornerstone New River Mining Company kit are typical of 1950s corrugated structures, many of which are still served today. Based on a trackside coal tipple for loading hoppers or gondolas, this easy-to-build kit features realistic corrugated metal construction, steel supports and separate ladders and stairways.
New River is set up to load hoppers on three tracks, and if you're modeling a mine that loads coal trucks for short hauls you can choose to replace a track with a road. The New River Mining Co. also includes a conveyor with supports that can be run underground into the mine or distant mine head.
- Authentic coal tipple for late steam or diesel eras /li>
- Typical of coal loaders across the continent
- Use alone at trackside or as part of a larger coal mine operation
- Realistic corrugated metal construction
- Conveyor and supports for above or below-ground operations
- Separate slack bin
- Handle hoppers, gondolas or trucks on three loading pockets
- Separate windows, walkway and stairs
- Includes main building, truck loading facility and conveyor
- Easy-to-build plastic kit
- Molded in appropriate colors and clear glazing
Main Building: 7-1/2 x 5-3/8 x 5-5/8" 19 x 13.6 x 14.2cm
Truck Building: 4-1/4 x 1-5/8 x 4-3/8" 10.7 x 4.1 x 11.1cm